Aadhar self service update portal is used to update Aadhar Card information online. The portal can be opened on both computer and mobile through ‘https ssup uidai gov in web guest update’ page. Using self service update portal, you can do the following –
- Aadhar Card Address Change / Update
- Online Correction in Aadhar Card.
- Update Aadhar Card details.
- Check URN update status.
- Generate new URN number / SRN number.
- Change name, date of birth, address and mobile number in Aadhar Card.
SSUP in Aadhar
What is SSUP in Aadhar?
SSUP stands for Self Service Update Portal. In Aadhar, SSUP is a website where any Indian citizen with a UID number can login and make change in his/her Aadhar card details.
For example, suppose you have mistakenly mentioned wrong name or misspelled name during Aadhar enrollment. So after enrolment, you want to change name or correct name in Aadhar card.
How do you do that?
Well, you change or correct your name by logging into UIDAI self service update portal.
The homepage of SSUP is – Address Update Request (Online) – aadhaar correction – UIDAI. To visit SSUP home page, click this URL – https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/ssup-home
The SSUP Home page shows a popup that says – New Aadhar card password is of 8 digit – Combination of first four letters of your name in capital letter and the year of birth.
The home page of SSUP has instructions about Aadhar card correction / update process. You can read complete instruction here – https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/ssup-instructions.
Also, SSUP home mentions the four steps to use aadhar self service update portal –
- STEP 1: Login with Aadhaar
- STEP 2: Address Update Request
- STEP 3: Upload Documents
- STEP 4: Select BPO Service Provider and submit request.
After that, you are required to proceed to the SSUP Correction / Update request page.
How to visit SSUP Login page?
Before making an update through SSUP portal, you need to login first through the https ssup uidai gov in web guest update or ssup uidai gov in update page.
Here are the details required to login into self service update portal –
- Aadhar Number or VID Number
- TOTP or OTP sent on registered mobile number
- Text verification
What is VID number in Aadhar?
VID number stands for Virtual Identification number. You can generate new VID number for SSUP login through mAadhar app.
VID number is an alternate to Aadhaar number. If you do not want to share your Aadhaar number with the KYC agent, you can generate a new VID number and use that instead of Aadhaar number for SSUP login too.
Visit the SSUP Login page here – https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
Once you login to SSUP login page, you can start filling Aadhar card correction form. Proceed to Aadhar Card Update Page.
Enter your Aadhar number and verify text image in the SSUP login page. Then click on Get OTP.
After that, this screen appears –
Enter received OTP in the box. If you have not received OTP, click on Resend OTP button above.
After entering OTP in the box, click on Login and you will be sent to SSUP Update page. More details about SSUP Aadhar Update is here – Aadhar Card Update.
Aadhar Address Change in SSUP
How to change address in Aadhar Card online?
To change address in Aadhar, you need to visit the SSUP update portal and login using Aadhar number and OTP. After that, you will be provided with the Aadhar card address change form online.
Step 1 – Select fields to update
The first page of SSUP Update portal asks you to select between two options. There are two options –
- Address via PIN
Select one option to proceed.
Step 2 – Submit Address for correction in Aadhar
Now, the next page has a form for entering new address in Aadhar. To update address in Aadhar, or do Aadhar address correction, fill the form as shown in image below.
How to fill aadhar card address change form online?
Fill aadhar card address correction form in following steps –
- Select C/O or S/O or W/O or H/O in first option.
- Enter name after that.
- Enter House or Building or Apartment number in second option.
- Enter Street or Road or Lane in third option.
- Enter Landmark in fourth option.
- Enter area or locality or sector in fifth option.
- Enter PIN Code in sixth option.
- Select your Village or Town or City from the list mentioned.
- Select your Post Office.
- Select your District.
- Select your State.
These are the fields that you need to fill in the Aadhar card address change form of SSUP.
After filling the form proceed to next page by clicking ‘Submit Update Request’ button.
If your local language is different, check how to use SSUP portal in local language – https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/ssup-translation.
Step 3 – Upload Documents for PoA
After submitting Update request, you will get a URN number. Proceed to next page and upload document to verify your Aadhar address correction.
The list of documents applicable at self service update portal are –
Supported Proof of Address (PoA) Documents Containing Name and Address
- Bank Statement/ Passbook
- Post Office Account Statement/Passbook
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
- Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Water bill (not older than 3 months)
- Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than 1 year)
- Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
- Insurance Policy
- Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Instruction on letterhead
- NREGS Job Card
- Arms License
- Pensioner Card
- Freedom Fighter Card
- Kissan Passbook
- CGHS / ECHS Card
- Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
- Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas)
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Registered Sale / Lease / Rent Agreement
- Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts
- Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt.
- Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT
- Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Passport of Spouse
- Passport of Parents(in case of Minor)
- Allotment letter of accomodation issued by Central/State Govt. of not more than three years old
- Marriage Certificate issued by the Govt, containing address
Upload any of these PoA document to complete the Aadhar address change process in SSUP portal.
Step 4 – Submit Update Request
Once having uploaded, you can submit the Aadhar card address change / update request.
Please note down the Update Request Number to check Update status.
SSUP Update Status
Once you have submitted Aadhar update request and generated URN number, you can check status of your application here – https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/check-status
The web guest check status page is for non-logged in SSUP portal users.
You need to have a correct URN number to check SSUP update status.
The process of checking SSUP Update status is mentioned in details here – Check Aadhar Update Status.